Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency Procedures
The precarious state of numerous French businesses can be seen in light of the current economic environment.
The firm’s aim is to offer its clients a relevant choice of legal tools and procedural frameworks in order to resolve their difficulties, implement appropriate solutions and help the continuation or turnaround of their business activities.
The firm advises businesses that are at insolvency or pre-insolvency stages, as well as investors, creditors and shareholders, both French and non-French, by giving close support in specific circumstances that are usually urgent and complex, due to the number and variety of stakeholders involved.
Our legal services include:
- diagnosing difficulties,
- choosing procedures that are appropriate for each situation, from ad hoc administration to judicial liquidation,
- preparing procedures vis-à-vis the commercial courts and business partners (suppliers, clients and lenders),
- managing insolvency proceedings: creditors’ claims, securing supplier services, reviewing liabilities and setting up creditors’ committees,
- managing relationships with court representatives, the commercial courts, regulatory authorities, tax and social security authorities,
- designing continuation or safeguard plans,
- preparing takeover bids for buyers,
- negotiating agreements as part of ad hoc administration or conciliation arrangements,
- implementing restructuring plans (redundancy plans, carve-outs and refinancing),
- formalizing the takeovers following court approval.
The firm’s expertise in the various fields of business law gives us the means to manage all types of situations in the specific environment of distressed companies, and to implement solutions that are likely to ensure their long-term stability.